5th Annual Panther’s Blood Drive
On July 20th the Charlotte community rolled up their sleeves and bled blue at the 5th Annual Carolina Panther’s Blood Drive! This is one event that many of our donors look forward to because they can spend time in the Panther’s Stadium, meet players and save lives.
“The Community Blood Center of the Carolinas plays an invaluable role in helping area patients and we are proud to be on their team of supporters,” said Riley Fields, Director of Community Relations for the Carolina Panthers. “Panthers fans have a strong history of supporting the team’s community outreach efforts and this is a wonderful opportunity for fans to help give the gift of life.”
The drive takes place in the visiting team locker room, which provides a glimpse of the Panther’s field before entry. There is no better way to start the blood donation process! Up to 297 lives were saved by the breadth of community participation; some donors even came into our Charlotte Center a week after the drive. This year, we even had donors from as far as Spartanburg, SC! All donors received a free Panther’s t-shirt, food and had a chance to go on a stadium tour. This year we also raffled off a few signed Panther’s items.
2012 Raffle Winners:
- Andrew Davila – Training Camp Visit
- Michael Wilson – White Panel Football Signed By the 2012 Draft Picks
- Wendi Alsobrooks – Mini Helmet Signed by Coach Ron Rivera
- Heather Baughman – Sideline Hat Signed by Running Back #28 Jonathan Stewart
- William Joyce Jr – 2008 NFC South Playoff Banner Signed by Members of the 2008 Team